Master HVAC - Facilities Services
Job no: 493781
Position type: MGS - Maintenance, Grounds, Service
Categories: Facilities/Custodial/Skilled Trades
- Utilize knowledge of electronics and computers in the operation of direct digitally and pneumatically controlled HVAC equipment.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of environmental equipment and control systems.
- General repairs and preventative maintenance of all building environmental equipment.
- Ability to work at heights of up to 70 feet in confined areas and at times during inclement weather.
- Ablility to lift 70 pounds.
- Ability to perform manual labor, including bending, stooping and reaching.
- Follow work assignments, instructions, labeled information and safety standards independently
- Assist campus architects and engineers in development of remodeling, retrofit and new construction.
- Apply all applicable HVAC mechanical codes, rules and regulations.
- Estimate times, material and budget requirements for assigned work and projects.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, operating manuals, and specifications.
- Provide quality customer service to faculty, staff, students and campus visitors.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in all building HVAC systems types as needed to perform the essential functions listed below.
- Satisfactory past work performance.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to work with and direct the activities of student staff.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Willingness to work overtime and accept off-shift assignments.
- Associate degree in HVAC or equivalent in education and field experience (6 year minimum full time experience).
- Understanding in the use and application of balance and test equipment for air and hydronic systems.
- Experience with all maintenance and test equipment to perform essential functions below.
- HVAC installers license desirable. Additional certification/licenses (i.e. refrigeration, recovery, contractor’s license, etc.) and formal training as are applicable.
- Possess strong verbal and communication skills.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this positionand additional duties may be assigned.
Job Classification/Range: Grade 7, $26.80/hour
Department/Division: Facilities Services
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu You can include a cover letter and resume. The online system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine requirement that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend