Director of Community Engagement - Vice Provost for Health
Job no: 493135
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Battle Creek
Categories: Vice Provost for Health
Summary: In partnership with the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Grand Valley is stepping into the Battle Creek community. Grand Valley is seeking an organized, energetic, and driven community leader to oversee the GVSU Battle Creek Outreach Center. As the face of GVSU, the Director of Community Engagement will partner alongside area educators, business, health providers, and community members to drive forward the development and support of education and health initiatives within the Battle Creek community.
*** This a 5 year grant funded position and continuation will be dependent upon grant funds.***
Required Qualifications and Education: Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of degree-related experience with demonstrated progressive responsibility. Administrative experience including personnel and budget management. Minimum of one year project management experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Education: Master’s degree in education or a health-related field. Previous experience in public relations, K-12 education, higher education administration or a health-field. Experience in contract and grants management.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
Under the direction of the Vice Provost for Health, the Director of Community Engagement will:
- Oversee the GVSU Battle Creek Outreach Center, staff and grant activities.
- Identify, establish and maintain relationships with area educators, businesses, health providers and community members for the purpose of furthering development and support of education and health initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Vice Provost for Health and the grant Co-Principal Investigator and GVSU Grant Administrators to work with appropriate staff at health and community organizations to facilitate implementation and evaluation of grant projects.
- Conduct all aspects of grant administration in Battle Creek, including:
- Act as the point person for a comprehensive inventory/database of grant activities.
- Participate in the evaluation of grant projects.
- Collaborate and review project progress with grant leads, the grant accountant and external partners.
- Facilitate the development of fiscal and program grant reports.
- Oversee grant budgets.
- Lead monthly Battle Creek GVSU coordinator meetings.
- Collaborate with the Grant Specialist to oversee the drafting and processing of various documents including communication for faculty and staff, contracts, and travel and expense forms.
- Work closely with the professional support staff to coordinate meetings, schedule student workers, host partner meetings, and schedule space for faculty and student work.
- Work with regional employers to identify educational needs and opportunities for employees to support employer career ladders and similar human resource initiatives.
- Promote professionalism, confidentiality, cooperation and good working relationships with faculty, staff, students and community partners.
- Periodic travel in the state of Michigan, including to Grand Rapids and Allendale, will be required.
- Assist with other grants and special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and degree
Department/Division: Office of the Vice Provost for Health
Location: Battle Creek, MI
Application Deadline Date: Consideration of applications will begin immediately, the posting will be open until filled and may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend