Temporary Part-time Club Sport Athletic Trainer
Job no: 493137
Work type: TEMP - Temporary Hourly
Categories: Student Services
Position description: The Club Sport Athletic Trainer evaluates, manages and treats injuries incurred by club sport members during home club events. This is a temporary, part-time, non-benefited position, scheduled as needed.
- Provide athletic training coverage to sport clubs as assigned by Campus Recreation
- Evaluate, manage and treat injuries incurred by student club sport members of Grand Valley State University and visiting student members
- Demonstrate compassion and professionalism towards student-athletes
- Direct appropriate follow-up treatment or evaluation to the appropriate personnel (student health center, injury care clinic, physical therapy, etc.)
- Maintain knowledge and observe standard of care and regulations to minimize the risk of transmission of bloodborne pathogens
- Complete and maintain records associated with injury, evaluation, treatment and referral of all athletes under direct care
- Maintain and supply inventory for first aid kits and medical supplies
- Report to contest location 30 minutes before game time
- Maintain open communication with administration, coaches, parents, and athletes within limits of existing law
- Review athletic training coverage strengths and weaknesses, and provide input on how to best address weaknesses
- Maintain good standing as a member of the Grand Valley State University community and abide by the University, and Campus Recreation policies and procedures
- Current National Athletic Trainer’s Association certification required
- Licensed to practice in the state of Michigan required
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED & Bloodborne Pathogen certification required
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university required
- Part-time hourly, temporary position, academic year
- Schedule may vary, but generally evenings and weekends based on game schedules
The hourly rate for this temporary at-will position will be $21.00-$30.00 per hour based on previous experience.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend