Office Coordinator - Annis Water Resources Institute (College of Liberal Arts and Sciences)
Job no: 493188
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Location: Muskegon, Allendale
Categories: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing.
- Responsible for the coordination/completion and the quality of the clerical work for the department/office which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person; open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including bulk mailings; correspondence; maintain office filing system.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating files and record keeping systems; paper and/or computerized.
- Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports.
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Monitors departmental budget, reviews budget reports and reconciles the reports with the department/office’s records.
- Generates reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using computer systems.
- Create and maintain database systems.
- Performs and coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and making arrangements for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies; process various university forms.
- Supervise student employees and may act as a lead worker to other PSS.
- Process student employee UltraTime and maintain appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
- Manage/maintain supervisor’s schedule
- Coordinate all clerical duties associated with staff searches.
- Conducts special projects and assignments as directed.
- Coordinates special events and functions.
- Coordinate and maintain departmental resources, i.e. library, vouchers, handouts.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Make travel arrangements.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Typing and spelling competency.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully to use various computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Salary: C3 Level. Minimum starting salary $17.13/hour
Department/Division: Annis Water Resource Institute/College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Application Deadline: September 26, 2019
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend