Health Compliance Specialist - Vice Provost for Health
Job no: 493272
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Vice Provost for Health
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Registered nurse
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a clinical, administrative or higher education setting
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of immunization guidelines for healthcare workers
- Experience in risk management, occupational health or quality improvement
- Working knowledge of contracts
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- The Health Compliance Specialist is responsible for the administrative processes related to health compliance auditing
- Audit submitted health documents and related reports to ensure student and faculty compliance with affiliation agreements
- Create program specific reports documenting student and faculty progress towards completion of health evaluations and trainings
- Educate faculty and students on health compliance requirements
- Initiate and renew University Affiliation Agreements, as directed
- Develop and maintain department communication such as health compliance documents, brochures, newsletters and website.
- Contact potential sites for affiliation agreements and clinical placements, as directed
- Assist with maintenance of data base for clinical placements and preceptor reports, as requested.
- Provide coverage for health compliance officer when needed
- Promote professionalism, confidentiality, cooperation and good working relationships with faculty, students, community members and clinical practice sites
- Other duties as assigned.
The Health Compliance Specialist position is full time, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and degree
Department/Division: Office of the Vice Provost for Health
Campus: Health Campus: Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately, and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references.Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend