Clinical Affiliate Faculty - Kirkhof College of Nursing
Job no: 493273
Work type: FAC - Clinical Affiliate Faculty - One year/12 Month
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Kirkhof College of Nursing
- Earned doctorate in nursing (PhD or DNP) or related discipline, master’s degree in nursing. If master’s degree is not in nursing, the earned doctorate must be a nursing doctorate; if nursing doctorate was earned via BSN to DNP or PhD, the requirement for a master’s degree is waived
- Board certified as Primary Care Nurse Practitioner: Family or Pediatric, eligible for RN licensure in Michigan.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in primary care;
- Must be enthusiastic and capable of implementing an innovative, medical-home approach to care, integrating teaching and practice for nursing and other interdisciplinary students.
- Skill in the provision of primary care and application of clinical reasoning for providing primary care, common acute illness care and care for complex chronic health problems.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with appropriate health care professionals (nurses, physicians, social workers, psychologists, etc.) and make referrals as needed to ensure continuity of care.
- Able to meet the Technical Standards (attached)
- Skilled at leading initiatives identified to improve clinical outcomes, quality, and safety.
- Experience in College Health Center
- Experience in higher education
Assess the health status of patients using a comprehensive framework; correctly identify patient problems/diagnoses; plan holistic care and intervene as appropriate based on astute clinical reasoning; include the patient and family in the development of the plan of care based on best evidence; and evaluate outcomes/document plan of care at each visit. Shared on-call responsibility. Demonstrate leadership by serving as a role model for professional conduct and practice and facilitator of team-based care; serve as a clinical educator for students in GVSU/KCON graduate and undergraduate nursing education programs; support interprofessional students; and contribute to the development and maintenance of a safe practice environment with attention to quality. Incorporate professional behaviors in daily activities, including accountability, respect, effective communication, fiscal responsibility, and being a team player. Maintaining currency in practice and ongoing professional development is an expectation.
- Must have functional use of the somatic senses and the senses of vision and hearing.
- Must have the ability to observe through visual, auditory, and somatic senses.
- Must have adequate motor capabilities to safely perform required diagnostic and therapeutic maneuvers and procedures.
Social and Behavioral Functioning
- Must possess social patterns of behavior consistent with safe and ethical practice with individual clients, families and groups of people.
- Must have the mental control to handle emotions that might affect practice performance.
- Clinical faculty is a concept that promotes co-design of the education/practice collaboration and a reciprocal relationship for the partnership.
- Clinical faculty are thoroughly informed regarding all degree levels and curricular expectations
- An advanced practice Kirkhof College of Nursing (KCON) faculty member, with an earned doctoral degree, becomes part of the care delivery model, providing expertise and contributing to operational and clinical outcomes
- Emphasis is placed on development of innovative care delivery centered on quality improvement, efficiency, effectiveness, and collaboration
- Clinical faculty are KCON faculty members who are also members of the clinical practice. They serve as a conduit between practice and academe to influence curriculum design, development, and implementation to enhance transformation of the healthcare delivery through student clinical experiences and practice change.
- With intimate working knowledge and assessment of the practice site, the faculty member identifies undergraduate and graduate student experiences that can add value and capacity to the site to achieve strategic goals and outcomes for the practice site. Student assignments are negotiated between GVSU/KCON and the practice site.
- Clinical faculty have participated in faculty development for interprofessional education (IPE) and interprofessional collaborative practice (IPCP). They are prepared to integrate an IPCP framework into the practice site. It is anticipated that the student experiences be inclusive of an interprofessional collaborative.
- Proficiency expected in practice management; quality improvement strategies for creating and sustaining changes at the organizational and policy levels; evaluation for cost effectiveness of care; and economics and finance for the redesign of effective and realistic care delivery strategies.
- Contracted hours are within the practice site; the salary is shared between practice and education, given that student oversight is part of the anticipated role.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately, and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click “Apply now”. Include a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references. The online system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance with the online system, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. If more information desired, please contact Dean Cynthia McCurren at 616-331-5726.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend