Adjunct Instructional Technology Project Specialist
Job no: 493298
Work type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Categories: Information Technology
Summary: Reporting to the Associate Director for eLearning and Emerging Technologies, Grand Valley State University seeks an Instructional Technology Project Specialist to support a wide variety of digital learning initiatives across various programs and disciplines. The Specialist will be responsible for working collaboratively with subject matter experts, instructional designers, digital media developers, and cross-departmental stakeholders in leading the design, development, and on-time delivery of high-quality digital learning experiences. The Specialist will create digital learning materials, use project management, and provide faculty support. In consultation with the eLearning team, the Specialist will ensure degrees, programs, micro-credentials, courses, and online experiences are designed in alignment with best practices and quality frameworks. This position is a one-year appointment as an Administrative/Professional with the possibility of renewal.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Educational / Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, or a related field.
- Professional experience in applying learning theories and instructional design principles in the design, development, and delivery of high-quality digital learning experiences, and incorporating instructional technologies into online/hybrid courses.
- Experience with learning management systems (preferably Blackboard) to create high-quality digital learning materials.
- Experience in converting instructional materials developed for traditional in-seat classes for online learning.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously in an agile and rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding service and support to faculty and staff.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s, advanced degree, certificate, or credentials in Educational / Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Graphic Design, Digital Video, Multimedia, or a related field.
- Experience in higher education, teaching, and/or conducting faculty professional development.
- Knowledge and experience with industry-accepted quality standards such as ADA-compliance, Understanding by Design, Universal Design for Learning, and Quality Matters.
- Knowledge and experience with courseware authoring tools and the creation of accessible digital media.
- Knowledge of videoconferencing and emerging technologies benefiting digital learning environments and the learner experience.
- Experience with developing one or more of the following: adaptive learning, open educational resources, e-textbooks, interactive learning objects, and extended reality experiences.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Proactively engage faculty and subject matter experts, providing instructional technology and design consultation, support, and production services for the development and delivery of high-quality instruction in online, hybrid, and digital formats.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, recommend appropriate learning tools, assessment methods, and instructional methods to achieve course objectives based on latest trends, best practices, and quality frameworks.
- Participate in and facilitate the continual improvement of digital learning experiences through peer review rubrics, surveys, evaluations, and analytics.
- Work independently and provide agile project management and timely communication as a member of a design and development team.
- Establish positive working relationships with a wide range of staff within an academic community.
- Collaborate on supporting technology-enhanced learning, including the provision of troubleshooting for technology-related problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $50,000 - $65,000
Department/Division: Information Technology/eLearning and Emerging Technologies
Campus: Allendale Campus
Application Deadline Date: Review of applications will begin on January 13, 2020 and the position will remain open until filled, the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend