Assistant Registrar - Records and Registration
Job no: 493304
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Admissions/Financial Aid/Records & Registration
Summary: Work as part of the Registrar’s Office team to provide student-centered service and manage the day-to-day operations of the front service counter in the Registrar’s Office. The candidate will also act as a backup for the associate registrars in charge of records and registration. The successful candidate must be a team player and must be committed to Grand Valley State University’s vision of inclusion and equity.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 1 year of supervisory or leadership experience.
- Successful record in working with a variety of constituents in a customer service environment.
- Outstanding verbal, written and computational skills.
- The ability to solve problems, organize time effectively, and handle multiple projects.
- A strong understanding of automated data systems and their relationship to university operations, university registration systems, and Web transaction processing
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Cashiering or banking experience.
- Data report writing experience.
- Knowledge and experience in using a large database system (preferably Banner), administrative software, imaging and workflow applications
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Manage and direct the day-to-day operations of the Allendale Registrar’s Office Service Counter.
- Maintain the systems and software that support cashier operations at all campuses.
- Select, train and supervise permanent and part-time staff - including monitoring the accuracy and progress of work, setting goals and deadlines, establishing work procedures and work on staff development.
- Work collaboratively with registrar, associate and assistant registrars on unit-related decision making.
- Interpret regulations and procedures and respond appropriately.
- Backup for the associate registrars in charge of records and registration.
- Assist with ad-hoc student data requests for campus community.
- Assist with registration events.
- Lead the customer service panel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Records & Registration Office /Enrollment Development
Application Deadline: January 24, 2020
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend