WGVU Membership Officer
Job no: 493307
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Public Broadcasting
Summary: This position is responsible for the development an implementation of all membership strategies for WGVU Public Media including donor/member services, on-air pledge drives, direct mail, matching gifts, digital solicitations and e-campaigns. This position reports to the Development Manager.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years of relevant experience in fundraising for public broadcasting or membership-based non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement direct mail, telemarketing, e-solicitations, matching gifts and other fundraising channels.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of data analysis that exemplify industry best practices.
- Demonstrated success in leading efforts to increase membership including sustaining members.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire trust and confidence in colleagues and prospects.
- Demonstrated ability to project a positive image through excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to do on-air pledging.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel as needed.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- On-air fundraising experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience with public broadcasting fundraising software and data analysis tools.
- 5 years of experience working in a University environment.
- Graduate Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience supervising student interns, volunteers and other workers.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all membership strategies for WGVU Public Media.
- Serves as department’s principal membership officer for donor/member services, on-air pledge drives, direct mail, matching gifts, digital solicitations and e-campaigns.
- Works closely with the Development Manager and donor services staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How To Apply: Apply on line at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply Now”. Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application you will be required to provide names, phone numbers and email addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend