Special Associate for Presidential Initiatives, Inclusion and Equity - Inclusion and Equity
Job no: 493312
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Inclusion & Equity
Summary: This position will serve within two executive offices – the Office of the Vice President for Inclusion and Equity, supporting Division of Inclusion and Equity activities (approximately 50%), and the Office of the President supporting the Executive Associate for Presidential Initiatives and President (approximately 50%). Within the Division of Inclusion and Equity, the Special Associate, will support communication and engagement efforts of the Vice President’s Office, coordinate and support faculty/staff affinity group and council engagement, oversee and implement division communications and branding, support division climate and engagement activities, strategic planning, and other special projects and duties as needed as a member of the Vice President’s Immediate Office team and Division Leadership Team. In addition, the Special Associate will support strategic presidential initiatives that include: providing support for vision and strategy for engagement; propose, develop, and support implementation of innovative approaches to incorporate multiple voices and experiences into presidential initiatives; support and lead regional and national expansion of presidential and university engagement and innovation efforts; lead and facilitate strategic initiatives to completion on behalf of the Vice President and President; provide coordination and support of Presidential Faculty Fellows; collaborate with university executive officers and external partners to support fulfilling key initiatives; and, understand, anticipate, and partner in the execution of the range of the Vice President and Executive Associate’s responsibilities related to presidential strategy and engagement to achieve critical outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Project management experience
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to work collegially in a team environment with diverse colleagues and stakeholders
- A demonstrated commitment to the University’s values to inclusion and equity
- Master’s Degree in Education, Student Affairs, Public Administration, Project Management, Social Justice Education or related fields
- Experience in higher education, administration, administrative support, and/or consulting
- Event planning experience
- Experience acting and speaking on behalf of an executive officer
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Support communication and engagement efforts of the Vice President’s Office
- Coordinate and support faculty/staff affinity group and council engagement
- Oversee and implement division communications and branding, support division climate and engagement activities
- Strategic planning
- Other special projects and duties as needed as a member of the Vice President’s Immediate Office team and Division Leadership Team
- Support a wide range of strategic presidential initiatives that include providing support for vision and strategy for engagement
- Propose, develop, and support implementation of innovative approaches to incorporate multiple voices and experiences into presidential initiatives
- Support and lead regional and national expansion of presidential and university engagement and innovation efforts lead and facilitate strategic initiatives to completion on behalf of the Vice President and President
- Provide coordination and support of Presidential Faculty Fellows
- Support coordination of engagement and initiatives with various units (internal and external) that advance presidential initiatives and engagement
- Collaborate with university executive officers and external partners to support fulfilling key initiatives
- Understand, anticipate, and partner in the execution of the range of the Vice President and Executive Associate’s responsibilities related to presidential strategy and engagement to achieve critical outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Department/Division: Office of the Vice President for Inclusion and Equity & Executive Associate for Presidential Initiatives/Division of Inclusion and Equity & Office of the President
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Initial reivew of applications will begin on January 17, 2020 and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend