Associate Athletic Director for Revenue and Fan Development - Athletics
Job no: 493324
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years or more ticket sales experience
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple demands efficiently, successfully work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and leadership abilities
- Night and weekend availability
- Master’s Degree
- 5 years or more ticket sales experience
- Responsible for all ticket sales revenue which includes:
- Football season tickets, single game, group sales and ticket sales initiatives
- Ability to effectively develop, implement and execute sales plans, including elevated experiences and season tickets.
- Meet and exceed sales and retention goals.
- Develop new business for GVSU through prospecting new fans, generating referrals and leads, cold calling, and face to face appointments.
- Lead by example and conduct daily sales calls.
- Development and management of a group ticket & season ticket sales staff.
- Monitor volume of outbound phone calls and appointments to ensure results are achieved.
- Maintain accurate database records (through the use of Salesforce CRM).
- Responsible for on-going sales training and daily oversight of strategies and techniques.
- Oversee digital marketing office.
- Increase reach to prospective customers.
- Collaborate with and work in conjunction with other office of the department (Marketing, Operations, Partnerships, etc.) to create, develop, and implement renewal and sales campaigns for season tickets, mini-packs, and group tickets.
- Work hand in hand with Marketing, Operations, Digital Marketing and Partnerships to ensure all ticketing initiatives are properly executed.
- Building relationships and trust with season ticket holders, donors, and returning customers through open and interactive communication.
- Manage game day service and sales initiatives at home athletics events.
- Deliver first-class customer service to all fans, investors, and constituents of GVSU Athletics.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Application Deadline: March 6, 2020
How to Apply: Please apply online at www.jobs.gvsu.edu. Please include a letter of application and resume, along with a list of three references. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, please phone Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend