Athletic Department Assistant - Athletics
Job no: 493410
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Performs a variety of administrative duties supporting all of the GVSU athletic teams. This requires exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities, and attention to detail.
Although this is primarily a Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM position, it does require some nights and weekends.
- Coordinate team travel; reserve charter buses, recruiting vehicles, and leased vans. Obtain/distribute travel itineraries and rosters from teams.
- Gather GLIAC and non-conference game information from coaches for all athletic programs then compile schedules and game contracts. Load on Campus Calendar.
- Keep a master list of all department auto leases, create requisitions, renew tabs.
- Create requisitions using Native Banner. Approve transportation and tournament invoices in OnBase.
- Process game guarantees.
- Audit travel and expense/Stored Value Debit Card reports/travel advances for coaches.
- Provide administrative support to the Athletic Marketing by invoicing for sponsorships and tracking payments.
- Coordinate various special events and functions, including Hall of Fame Dinner, Football Cash Draw, Football Banquet and football recruiting events.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills.
- Experience with various computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and/or equivalent.
- Data entry experience.
- Typing and spelling competency with grammar and proofreading skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work, and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully coordinate large projects.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully navigate challenging situations in the workplace, while using good judgment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Ability to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationship
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Higher education or large organization work experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with OnBase, Banner, and/or other projects organizational software
Receives minimal supervision from a designated supervisor. Much of the work is self-initiated. Person is expected to function with considerable independence and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to PSS staff members within the department/division.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Department/Division: Athletics, Finance & Administration Division
Salary: C4 Level. Minimum starting wage of $19.73
Application Deadline: July 7, 2020
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend