RN Care Manager - Nursing Family Health Center
Job no: 493457
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Health Professions
Job Summary: The RN Care Manager will serve in a dual role that emphasizes oversight of daily clinical operations while also conducting direct patient care activities through care management.
- Lead the coordination of a multidisciplinary team to provide holistic care to meet patient needs. The team will work with internal and external partners to maximize impact.
- Participating in the organization and oversight of daily clinical operations
- Provide timely and thoughtful feedback to clinical support staff when needed
- Collaborate with clinical leadership to foster continuous quality improvement activities.
- Oversee and maintain the Vaccine for Children (VFC) program
- Use the case management process to assess, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate care plans designed to optimize the patients’ health across the care continuum.
- Assess the patient's health and psychosocial needs and support systems and consider their cultural preferences.
- Engage the patient and/or caregiver to develop an individualized plan of care.
- Coordinate resources necessary to meet identified needs (e.g., community resources, mental health services, substance abuse services, financial support services and disease-specific services).
- Deliver education to include health literacy, self-management skills, medication plans, nutrition, weight management etc.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of the care management plan and change as necessary.
- Assess adherence to care plan and report feedback to care team
- Measure and document care plan progression in meeting patients’ goals.
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by protocols, rules and guidelines meeting quality and production goals.
- Continue professional development by completing relevant continuing education and maintaining CMC (Case Manager Certification).
- Current, active, and unrestricted Michigan Registered Nurse license
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Certification in Case Management (CMC) preferred or to be obtained within 12 months of hire
- Minimum 2 years of clinical nursing experience in a primary care or community setting
- Minimum 1 year of case management experience
Additional Role Expectations:
- Working with clinical leadership for policy and procedure development and on-going quality improvement
- Performs oversite of
- support staff, including but not limited to medical assistants and students in clinical support roles
- VFC immunization program
- patients scheduled for immunizations, blood draws, health compliance, etc.
- Ordering and management of medical supplies
- Coordination of Medicare Annual Wellness Visits for eligible patients
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Campus: Grand Rapids (Health Campus)
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to Theresa Rowland, Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend