Clinical Affiliate Faculty - Clinical Dietetics (College of Health Professions)
Job no: 493531
Position type: FAC - Clinical Affiliate Faculty - One year/12 Month
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Health Professions
Summary: Grand Valley State University (GVSU) in Grand Rapids, Michigan is currently accepting applications for one full-time Affiliate faculty position, in the Department of Allied Health Sciences, Clinical Dietetics Coordinated Graduate Program and Applied Food and Nutrition Program. The department is housed in Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall, a state-of-the-art facility in Grand Rapids, MI. Full-time, 12 month renewable contract to begin August 6, 2021; College of Health Professions
Required Qualifications and Education:
- A graduate degree in nutrition, dietetics, public health, healthcare or related field. Applicant must be credentialed as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and have at least 3 years of clinical experience by the time of application submission
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Experience precepting students
- Teaching experience at undergraduate and/or graduate level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Area of expertise that complements current faculty such as research, clinical, community, and food service management
- Experience in or demonstrated understanding of social justice education and/or initiatives, and/or inclusion, diversity, and/or intercultural training.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- The successful applicant must demonstrate commitment to high quality classroom and clinical instruction, site placement, and site development.
The selected candidate will:
- Develop and teach courses, including instruction in both classroom and laboratory settings, and schedule and coordinate student’s supervised practice sites within the Clinical Dietetics Coordinate Graduate Program and Applied Food and Nutrition Program.
- Create and maintain preceptor and supervised practice site relationships, conduct tracking of hours and assessment of required program competencies, and instruct preceptors in competency-based education and program policies.
- Oversee supervision of program students at the GVSU Family Health Center.
- Attend program open houses, program information sessions, student interviews and student recruitment activities.
Responsibilities – Non-Essential Functions:
- Campus and community service
- Participation in research
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: College of Health Professions, Department of Allied Health Science, Clinical Dietetics and Applied Food and Nutrition Programs
Campus: Raleigh Finkelstein Hall, GVSU Health Campus, Grand Rapids, MI
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215 or contact Jennifer Ford, Chair of Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to Theresa Rowland, Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend