Adjunct Education Engagement Coordinator - WGVU (University Relations)
Job no: 493609
Position type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Public Broadcasting
WGVU Public Media is seeking a passionate and innovative educator to coordinate WGVU’s K-12 engagement efforts associated with the Michigan Learning Channel (MLC) and the WGVU Education program. The Education Engagement Coordinator will work within the WGVU broadcast area to build relationships and promote WGVU PBS NPR and MLC programming and resources, while also leveraging curricular and digital learning tools to further engage and support educators, students, and families around equitable education outcomes.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communications, or Similar Discipline
- 5 Years Teaching Experience in K-12 (At least 3 of these 5 must be in-person instruction)
- Community Engagement Experience
- Professional Development Leadership Experience, Teacher Training/Coach Experience, or Equivalent
- Experience Implementing Digital/EdTech Tools in Learning Environments
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Content/Video Creation or Production Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Workplace Tools and Google for Education Tools
- Experience with Zoom or other Virtual Conferencing Platform
- NBCT, State Teaching Certification, or Equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to strategically and effectively manage time and resources while balancing multiple projects.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities, strong attention to detail, and excellent follow up skills.
- Comfortable speaking publicly (virtually and in-person) to large groups using digital/technological tools.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Build relationships with WGVU viewing area education service organizations and school districts, schools, teachers and families by leveraging a focus on curriculum to promote the Michigan Learning Channel (MLC), WGVU Education, and PBS Children’s Media and Education (CME) programs and resources.
- Coordinate all aspects of the WGVU Cool Teacher program.
- Coordinate all aspects of MLC communications, marketing strategies, promotional materials, and campaigns in alignment with school calendars, local events, and opportunities tied to specialized audiences in conjunction with WGVU and PBS CME events, calendars, and campaigns.
- Coordinate all aspects of K-12 special events, professional learning, workshops and trainings around MLC, WGVU, and PBS CME assets to support educators (and families) in curriculum integration and classroom or home use.
- Coordinate all aspects of development and production of WGVU-based content for MLC, including curriculum-based support materials, and opportunities to build out new content areas.
- Collect testimonials, data and best practices on how educators are using MLC and WGVU assets.
- Participate in the coordination, planning and implementation of WGVU Education program work including: social media and weekly education newsletter content; webpage content; WGVU Innovation Challenge; WGVU Education Celebration; PBS LearningMedia content projects; PreK-12 professional learning events; education and community events; family engagement opportunities; and proposals and grant work.
- Maintain a current understanding of: effective educational pedagogies and best practices; local and national education issues/policies; EdTech trends, apps, platforms, and tools; and Michigan and National K-12 Academic Standards.
- Maintain a positive self and organizational image.
- Support other WGVU staff, departments, and events, as needed.
In response to COVID-19 safety standards, individual may be asked to facilitate job responsibilities virtually:
- Work remotely, connecting with coworkers and outside contacts via the internet.
- Some evening or weekend work may be required.
Additionally, after COVID-19 safety protocols are lifted:
- Work in WGVU offices.
- Work in the field under a wide range of conditions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to occasionally drive on WGVU business.
- Some travel within the U.S. may be required.
WGVU Public Media is a Service of Grand Valley State University
This position includes access to benefits including medical insurance, vacation, life insurance, retirement, tuition waiver, and other benefits. Learn more here: https://www.gvsu.edu/hro/benefitswellness/adjunct-eap-staff-benefits-465.htm
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: WGVU-TV/University Relations
Campus: Grand Rapids
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: May 23, 2021
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to Theresa Rowland, Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend