Adjunct Marketing and Communications Coordinator - Recreation and Wellness
Job no: 493667
Position type: EAP - Less than 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Categories: Student Services
Summary: The Department of Recreation & Wellness is looking for an innovative and strategic individual to oversee their Marketing & Communications efforts. Recreation & Wellness offers multi-faceted programs that are designed to enhance and engage the GVSU community through providing inclusive and diverse opportunities that inspire participation, promote health and wellbeing, and encourage student development and success. The department operates six core program areas: Club Sports, Fitness Services, Student Wellness, Intramural Sports, Outdoor Adventures and the Injury Care Clinic. Through these programs, the department serves approximately 60% of all GVSU students including 75% of first year undergraduates.
The Marketing & Communications Assistant will report to the Director of Recreation & Wellness. This is a 10-month, part-time position (up to 29 hours/week) between August-May. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years of related experience in marketing, promotions, and/or communications
- Experience with managing social media and web page content
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a cohesive and energetic team
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Experience in marketing for recreation, wellness, or sports programs
- Experience with graphic design
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Lead social media efforts for the department across various platforms and accounts, working with staff and program-areas to develop content, that engage both internal and external campus partners.
- Maintain a unified identity/brand for Recreation & Wellness, managing departmental and university style guidelines.
- Oversee Recreation & Wellness website to ensure content is up to date, relevant, and in compliance with policy.
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor and supervise a creative team of student employees, including graphic designers, social media team, and photographer/videographer.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan to support programs, campaigns, and special events.
- Advise staff on effective and appropriate marketing strategies including current trends among recreation and wellness in higher education.
- Oversee department publications including the monthly newsletter, identifying stories and compiling relevant information from departmental programs.
- Assist in supporting various departmental-wide events.
- Manage the design, purchasing, and strategic distribution of branded promotional items.
- Assist in the oversight of a marketing budget, including student payroll, advertising, promotional items, and printing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Recreation & Wellness
Campus: Allendale, MI
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to Theresa Rowland, Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend