Assistant Director of Admissions - (Enrollment Development and Educational Outreach)
Job no: 493716
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Enrollment Development & Educational Outreach
Summary: The Assistant Director is responsible for the development, planning, and implementation of high-quality and effective on-campus and virtual recruitment and admissions events to meet enrollment goals. This position serves as a strategic point of contact for event management and scheduler in the CRM Slate. Additional admissions recruitment functions include travel and territory management and application decision-making.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree and recruitment or related experience working with college or university students from diverse backgrounds.
- Evidence of excellent communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in time management, problem-solving, leadership, and decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and perform under demanding situations work a flexible schedule including night and weekend hours as required, and travel as needed throughout the academic year.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s Degree, experience developing and managing recruitment events and programs, and competency directing staff and supervising students. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn and work in CRM on a daily basis. Salary is commensurate with degree and experience.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Plans and executes all details associated with admissions events and manages the daily visit and tour experience.
- Directs the admissions staff in all aspects of the Admissions visit experience.
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously, managing tasks in an environment with changing dynamics (time, location, number of guests, etc.)
- Assists with the creation of event improvements and new ideas related to the visitor experience.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with individuals in multiple University offices to plan and coordinate events.
- Utilizes event management and scheduler functionality in Slate.
- Serve as primary contact for Zoom Webinar virtual event platform. Facilitate live and recorded virtual events, working with faculty, staff, and students to provide engaging and effective virtual experiences.
- Identify and implement key strategies to encourage event registrations and meet event goals. This entails developing a highly flexible, creative, and compelling event plan for each season of the recruitment year.
- Oversee event registrations/cancellations. Track event registrations and recommend strategies to increase attendance while also reporting large event visit numbers daily and all events.
- Admissions liaison to Honors College.
- Manage Honors College Recruitment Plan.
- Serve on Honors Advisory Council and meet monthly.
- Monitor honors applications and orientation reservations to ensure that honors goals are achieved.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Admissions Office, Enrollment Development and Educational Outreach
Campus: Allendale Campus
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: August 4, 2021
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to Theresa Rowland, Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend