Senior Project Manager - Project Management Office (Information Technology)
Job no: 493745
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Information Technology
Summary: Grand Valley State University is seeking a full-time Senior Project Manager in Information Technology division. The Senior Project Manager will support the University’s strategic initiatives and be responsible for managing multiple medium to large scale projects. See jobs.gvsu.edu for specific job requirements and how to apply. Grand Valley State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of project management experience managing multiple complex technology and business projects, leading cross-functional teams, and overseeing stakeholders and vendor relationships
- Experience overseeing project contracts, Service Level Agreements, Statement of Works, Request for Proposals, and working with Contract Management, Procurement, and/or Legal offices
- Experience working with executive sponsors, overseeing project budget, scheduling, and resource mgmt.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations to achieve a common business objective
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills across diverse audiences
- Demonstrated the ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, cooperation, and positive reactions to change, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated the ability to effectively plan, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, reliable, high degree of initiative, and with little supervision
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in management, technology, or a related field
- Minimum 2+ years’ work experience in Higher Education
- PMP certification or other comparable project management certification preferred
- Understanding of process improvement methodologies
- ITIL certification
- Intermediate level of proficiency with project management software, Microsoft Office and/or Google
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Manage multiple complex technology and business projects to ensure alignment with university goals
- Develop and maintain project management relationships with senior leadership and project sponsors, vendors, and stakeholders for project buy-in, completion, and success
- Develop and maintain all formal project communications and status reports to sponsors, team, stakeholders, and between the university and vendors
- Oversees project management, risk management, change management, quality assurance, resource management, and contract management related to projects
- Use project management methodologies and tools to meet standards and enterprise best practices
- Ensures projects are completed within scope, on time, and within budget
- Provide analysis, metrics, and reporting on projects
- Oversees conflict resolution with team, stakeholders, and vendors to maintain good relationships
- Participate in PMO project planning, IT Technology Council, and the development of processes/policies
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission/vision of the University and IT
- Proactively lead, coach, and motivate project teams; team-building skills; recognition/reward
- Travel may be required to meet project needs
Responsibilities – Non-Essential Functions:
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the supervisor
- If no certification, responsible for completing PMP certification or other comparable project management certification within 2-years.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and degree
Department/Division: Project Management Office / Information Technology
Campus: Allendale, MI
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend