Office Coordinator - TRIO McNair/SSS (Enrollment Development & Educational Outreach)
Job no: 493775
Position type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Categories: Enrollment Development & Educational Outreach
Summary: Coordinates and provides support for both the TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) and TRIO McNair Scholars Program. The position is grant-funded. Assists with a variety of duties for the SSS/McNair Scholars Program in which discretion and/or judgment concerning the procedures to use or policies to follow is required.
- Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing.
- Responsible for the coordination/completion and the quality of the clerical work for the department/office which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person; open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including bulk mailings; correspondence; maintain office filing system.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating files and record-keeping systems; paper and/or computerized.
- Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports including assistance with the Annual Performance Report (APR).
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Monitors departmental budget reviews budget reports and reconciles the reports with the department/office’s records.
- Generates reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using computer systems.
- Create and maintain database systems.
- Performs and coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and planning for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies; process various university forms.
- Supervise student employees and may act as a lead worker to other PSS staff.
- Process student employee Ultra Time and maintain appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
- Manage/maintain supervisor’s schedule
- Acts as liaison between department chair, faculty, staff, students and outside agencies and organizations.
- Coordinate all clerical duties associated with staff searches.
- Conducts special projects and assignments as directed.
- Coordinates special events and functions.
- Coordinate and maintain departmental resources.
- Manage marketing, branding, and communication materials
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Make travel arrangements.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience.
- Experience with various computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and/or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Data entry experience.
- Typing and spelling competency with grammar and proofreading skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Ability to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Experience working with federal, state, or foundation grants.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse social identities.
- Some college coursework.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other PSS staff members within the department/unit/division.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Salary: C-3 Level. Minimum starting salary of $17.47
Application Deadline: September 27, 2021
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Job Category: Professional Support Staff
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month, 8 am - 5 pm
The University has recently implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine requirement that will be tied to FDA approval. GVSU will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated by September 30, 2021. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend