Assistant/Associate Professor - Nursing
Job no: 493804
Position type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Summary: Seeking faculty eager to promote advance the profession through contributions promoting the integration of teaching, scholarship, practice, and service. We desire to grow and maintain a diverse, collegial, and interdisciplinary environment.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Earned doctorate in nursing or related discipline (Ph.D. preferred); if the earned doctorate is not in nursing, the master’s degree must be in nursing. If the doctorate was earned via a BSN to doctorate, the doctorate must be in nursing (Ph.D. preferred), and the requirement for a master’s degree is waived.
- Evidence of area of expertise and an identified program of scholarship.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (Ph.D.)
- Currently seeking expertise in Adult/Gerontology, Family Practice or Graduate Leadership
- Minimum of one-year teaching experience at undergraduate and/or graduate levels
Responsibilities - Essential Functions:
Expectations of the position include teaching, scholarship, and service, with opportunities for professional practice as desired, including
- Integrating KCON philosophy and organizing framework into the classroom and clinical teaching
- Maintaining professional knowledge through critical reviews of evidenced-based best practices, professional seminars, workshops, webinars, and conferences.
- Application of learning from professional development to the academic and clinical practice settings.
- Demonstrates adherence to the GVSU Collegiality Policy
- Incorporating the principles of interprofessional education and collaborative practice as defined by the Inter-professional Education Collaborative (IPEC)
- Embedding principles of community/partner engagement to enhance the teaching, scholarship, service, and practice expectations in the college
Salary: Salary and rank commensurate with experience
- College of Nursing Research Office
- Opportunities for team-based programs of scholarship
- Robert & Mary Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Center for Scholarly and Creative Excellence
- Work-Life Program to assist in achieving a balanced life between work and personal needs
If more information is desired, please contact the Acting Dean, Dr. Lola Coke, at (616) 331-5726.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Include a cover letter and CV or resume. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: December 20, 2021
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine requirement that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend