Assistant Professor - Management (Seidman College of Business)
Job no: 493866
Position type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Seidman College of Business
Grand Valley State University Department of Management in the Seidman College of Business invites applications for faculty positions beginning in Fall 2022. The open position is for an Assistant Professor. Applicants are expected to have earned a Ph.D. or an appropriate terminal degree in Management Information Systems or a closely related field. The degree must be from an AACSB or equivalently accredited institution by August 2022. Applicants must be interested in teaching Management Information Systems in both the undergraduate and graduate programs. Salary is competitive. Visit our Web site at: jobs.gvsu.edu for more information, additional requirements, a full description of the position, and details on how to apply. The Seidman College of Business, fully accredited by AACSB International, values and supports a blend of excellent teaching and scholarly productivity. The atmosphere at the Seidman College of Business is highly collegial, with opportunities for outstanding professional growth. The Grand Rapids community is a vibrant, exciting area, with significant leisure time activities available.
Required Qualifications and Education
- Ph.D. or an appropriate terminal degree from an AACSB or equivalent accredited institution earned by August 2022. Current ABD candidates will be considered.
- Demonstrated potential for teaching effectiveness
- Demonstrated potential for research consistent with the mission of the college
- Management Information Systems and/or Business Analytics experience
Preferred Qualifications and Education
- Relevant industry experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with experiential learning and community-based projects
- Ability to teach at the graduate level
- Spanish as a second language
- Experience with SAP®
- Typical teaching load is nine credit hours per semester
- Effective teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels (MBA & EMBA) as well as provide service to the department, college, university and community is expected
- Research and scholarship that meets AACSB standards is expected
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package (www.gvsu.edu/hro).
- For details about Seidman College of Business visit www.gvsu.edu/seidman
- The Management Department has 32 full-time faculty and offers a highly collegial atmosphere with many opportunities for professional growth.
How to Apply
Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu To be considered, applicants must upload the following (in PDF format) to the online application:
- Cover letter to include your teaching philosophy and research interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial Ph.D. and/or terminal degree transcripts from the granting institution
- Teaching evaluations for all courses taught in the last two years (and any other evidence of teaching excellence) with department/school comparisons
- Sample of completed or in-progress research work
- On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references.
- Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview.
- If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. Questions about this position may be directed to the Search Committee Chair: Lori Koste (email@example.com or 616-331-7454).
Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Please submit by November 22, 2021, to assure full consideration. The position may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine requirement that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend