Marketing Communications Coordinator - Institutional Marketing
Job no: 493912
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
This role is responsible for managing print and digital marketing projects for university clients, working with in-house and outside resources. Responsibilities also include proofreading and editing copy.
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years marketing communications project management experience (digital and print), including: scoping and planning projects, management of schedules, budgets, and relations with writers, designers, web developers, and clients; ability to organize and manage large, highly detailed projects
- At least 5 years proofreading and editing experience of a broad range of copy content in multiple formats (web, design layouts, text, etc.).
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written)
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work confidently in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and project management software.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or related field (preferred)
- Experience in higher education (preferred)
- Customer service experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of print design and production process (preferred)
- Knowledge of advertising planning (preferred)
- Experience with a CRM (ex. Slate) (preferred)
Responsibilities - Essential Functions:
- Discern and communicate scope of clients’ marketing projects and organize work
- Provide, communicate, and manage project schedules and budgets
- Proofread and edit copy needed for marketing projects
- Communicate status and needs throughout project with resources working on project, as well as with client
- Build and maintain client, colleague, and vendor relations
- Think critically to quickly solve problems as they arise
- Computer skills: enter data, locate files, email, archive
- Duties as assigned
Salary: $60,000 - $64,000 (Commensurate with experience).
Department/Division: Institutional Marketing
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews may be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine requirement that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend