Director of Executive and Corporate Education - Seidman Student Academic Services ( Seidman College of Business)
Job no: 493918
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Seidman College of Business
The Director of Executive and Corporate Education provides the vision, planning, and management to support sustained growth of the Grand Valley State University, Seidman College of Business Executive and Corporate Education Programs, including Executive format MBA programs, corporate training, credit, and non-credit badges, and certificates. Key responsibilities include establishing and implementing strategic plans for public and proprietary programs that align with the plans, goals, and culture of the College and the University.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining effective relationships with senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to recruit learners and corporate partners
- Executive teaching and/or training experience
- Experience designing and implementing executive education and/or corporate training
- Experience supervising operational staff
- Excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills
- Master’s degree or higher
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- 10 years of work experience relevant to job requirements
- MBA, EMBA, or Master's degree in a similar field
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- In collaboration with Academic Leadership, provide strategic management oversight to a portfolio of graduate program offerings, trainings, and other non-credit programs for the college based on a thorough understanding of the markets we serve.
- Identifies, initiates, and grows key relationships outside of Seidman (e.g. organizations, partnerships, instructors) to inform the Seidman offering and yield a pipeline of diverse learners for the EMBA, training and non-credit offerings.
- In conjunction with Academic Leadership and Faculty, oversee the curriculum process, structure development, and customization and corporate partnership of the Executive and Corporate Education Programs.
- Research, design, develop proposals, secure approvals, staff, and market Executive and Corporate Education Programs.
- Develop and execute recruiting and marketing strategy and tactics for public Executive and Corporate Education Programs in order to meet enrollment goals.
- Work with learners to monitor academic and other programming needs.
- Develop community and campus events and represent Seidman College at external events interacting with prospective learners, Seidman alumni, advisory board members, and major employers in the communities we serve.
- Accountable for day-to-day operations of the EMBA and Corporate Education programs working with Seidman and GVSU faculty and staff to ensure a top-notch and responsive program.
- Serves as a member of the Seidman Graduate Programs Committee.
- May have teaching responsibilities as part of role.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned.
Salary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits package (www.gvsu.edu/hro).
Department/Division: Seidman Student Academic Services / Seidman College of Business
Campus: Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and vita and unofficial transcripts of your highest degree. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. Questions about this position may be directed to the Search Committee Chair: Dr. Aaron Lowen (firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-331-7441).
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Please submit by December 6, 2021, to assure full consideration. The position may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine requirement that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend