Endpoint Support Specialist - Information Technology
Job no: 494037
Position type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Categories: Information Technology
Job Summary: The Endpoint Support Specialist works collaboratively with internal and external partners to deploy and manage university endpoints.
- Collaborate with team members, vendors and suppliers in the evaluation and support of enterprise-class end point infrastructure.
- Works with Network and System Engineers to provide advanced troubleshooting of distributed applications and hardware, in both Windows and Mac environments.
- Assists with the creation and management of standard endpoint images.
- Deploys and monitors enterprise solutions necessary to support university endpoints.
- Assists with the remote support, management and imaging of systems, applications, deployed across all campus locations.
- Maintains support cycle status by processing accurate and up-to-date logs and documentation for submitted ticket.
- Provides productive input and creative ideas in an IT, desktop support team, working harmoniously with colleagues.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Assists with the delivery and setup of ad hoc equipment.
- Performs duties characteristic of lower and/or similarly classified technicians/engineers/specialists.
- High school graduate supplemented by a two-year degree in electronics of data communications or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Minimum of two years related experience in Computer and peripheral equipment repairs.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of electronics and sophisticated electronic testing equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret complex electronic equipment schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to physically perform the duties of the job such as lifting equipment, laying wires in tunnels, etc.
- Ability to work under inclement weather conditions.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Three or more years' experience working with enterprise endpoint management and support.
- Demonstrated experience automating processes and systems using scripting and automation technologies.
Receives minimal supervision from a designated supervisor. Much of the work is self-initiated. Person is expected to function with considerable independence and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Supervision Exercised: none.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Salary: E3 Level. Minimum starting salary of $31.27
Application Deadline: July 15, 2022
Job Type: 12 month full-time, Monday- Friday 8am - 5pm
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend