HR Total Rewards & Immigration Manager
Job no: 494244
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Human Resources
This role will provide direct support and management of the HR admin and payroll areas of the Total Rewards Operations Center. This position will provide basic immigration support for international faculty and/or staff and become their direct internal contact. This position will assist in helping to set visions and goals for the Total Rewards Operations team.
- Works with the Total Rewards leadership team to provide leadership and vision for the operations of the Total Rewards Operations Center.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the HR administration and payroll staff, their work and regular processes. Giving feedback and helping staff to set goals.
- Manages most aspects of immigration and customer service for international faculty.
- Partner with appropriate HRBP/HRG throughout the hiring process with any immigration needs. May also partner with Padnos International Center relating to immigration as needed.
- Partners with GVSU’s immigration law firm and inside counsel to further assist with the immigration needs of international faculty and be primary contact for all International Faculty and Staff.
- Partners with other areas of the Total Rewards Center and Human Resources as needed.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, higher education, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience managing and supervising teams
- Basic understanding of U.S. immigration law as it relates to employment
- Understanding and familiarity with FLSA, DOL and other HR/Payroll related regulations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
- Master’s degree
- Higher education experience or relevant non-profit experience
- 5+ years of management and supervisory experience
- Previous experience working with International employees
- Previous experience working with the WorkDay ERP software system
- Previous experience managing payroll or human resources functions
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Human Resources
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply Now”. Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, please call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend