Admissions Recruiter - Admissions Office
Job no: 494341
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Admissions/Financial Aid
Represent Grand Valley State University both on- and off-campus to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process. Manage assigned recruitment territory through prospect relationship management, leveraging partnerships, relationships, admission and enrollment data to maintain consistent recruitment activity, to increase prospective student interaction, and influence admission yield.
- Manage assigned recruitment territory through prospect relationship management, leveraging partnerships, relationships, admission and enrollment data to maintain consistent recruitment activity, to increase prospective student interaction, and influence admission yield.
- Counsel prospective applicants on the admissions process and opportunities at the University.
- Review materials submitted by applicants for the purposes of making admission decisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in customer service, education, sales, or related field/position.
- Ability to travel to remote locations and to load and transport admissions materials, displays and other equipment.
- Evening and weekend hours required, especially during the fall travel season.
- Strong cross-cultural interpersonal and writing skills are necessary, including public speaking skills and the ability to present the University in a positive way to diverse populations.
- Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- College/university admissions experience or experience working with middle school or high school audiences preferred.
- Bi-Lingual Fluency (English/Spanish).
- Monday through Friday, with evening and weekend work required throughout the year.
- Admissions counseling to diverse populations is an important responsibility of this position.
- Admissions counseling occurs primarily by in-person appointments, but also by small group presentations, zoom appointments, phone calls and emails.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Admissions Office
How to Apply: Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, please call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Review applications of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the university.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend