Inclusion & Equity Learning and Development Assistant Director
Job no: 494380
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Inclusion & Equity
Summary: This dynamic position is focused on working alongside others to lead inclusive learning and development for Grand Valley staff, faculty, and external partners. The work includes organizing on-campus development efforts, further establishing and growing the Inclusion and Equity Institute and working with community partners locally and beyond. The position reports to the Associate Vice President for Inclusion and Equity and serves on the leadership team for the Division of Inclusion & Equity.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Masters degree from an accredited institution, along with demonstrated experience in advancing inclusion and equity programs and/or initiatives.
- Successful examples of leading DEI initiatives: building programs, managing high performing teams, and/or promoting DEI in complex organizational settings.
- Demonstrated understanding of how various aspects of identity (i.e. socioeconomic status, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious, and racial/ethnic backgrounds, among others) present themselves on campus, in organizations and in communities through lenses of power, privilege and intersectionality.
- Demonstrated experience developing and/or utilizing theory and practice models to develop learning curriculum for professional development/lifelong learning with knowledge of adult learning strategies.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with staff, faculty, students, alumni, administration, and community leaders.
- Experience with project management, change management and the motivation to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload with attention to detail.
- Possess an understanding of technology (or a demonstrated willingness to learn new software systems (i.e. web content management, qualtrics, learning management software, scheduling software, invoicing and client tracking and management).
- Skills in helping to shape strategic planning, visioning, goal setting and implementation.
- Evidence of a willingness to be innovative and entrepreneurial in the DEI space.
- Excellent facilitation, presentation and written communication skills.
- Experience in assessment, evaluation, strategic planning and reporting.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Assist with leading the vision, creation, implementation of social justice education that is scaffolded for broad use by campus, community and organizations (for profit and non-profit, etc.).
- Support the overall acceleration of the Inclusion and Equity Institute to include helping with all aspects of business development (i.e. benchmarking, onboarding consultants, providing education and consultation to external partners, and creating systems and tools for organizing and evaluating efforts).
- Serve as a dynamic educator/facilitator for campus and institute offerings and collaborate with others to establish curriculum, tools and DEI frameworks for learners and organizations including benchmarks and assessments.
- Utilize technology to facilitate I&E Institute work (i.e. web content management, qualtrics, learning management software, advertising, scheduling software, invoicing and client tracking and management).
- Assist with development efforts and grant writing.
- Lead social media, communications and advertising efforts, with assistance from team members.
- Recruit, train, and provide support to a team of faculty, staff and community consultants/ facilitators who can partner to deliver training and education.
- Evaluate and assess on and off-campus work (i.e. individual learning, organizational impact, annual reporting, etc.)
- Engage in community and civic engagement work.
- Ability to travel to various locations and willingness to work some non-traditional hours for events
- Other duties as assigned….
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Inclusion and Equity Institute, Division of Inclusion and Equity
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin on December 16, 2022 and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend