Customer Service Coordinator - Facilities Services Grand Rapids
Job no: 494381
Position type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Facilities/Custodial/Skilled Trades
Provides clerical support and programming functions for reception/information desk at Health Campus which may include working night and weekend shifts as needed.
Responsibilities - Essential Functions:
- Assists with inquiries from students, faculty, staff and public regarding policies and procedures, university events, campus facilities, directions, locations, general university information and other routine inquires.
- Responds and provides resolution to customer’s requests and complaints.
- Acts as a liaison between the University and the community.
- Communicates with departments to collect information regarding programming needs and determine building hours.
- Monitors and replies to department emails.
- Enters work orders in TMA software.
- Programs building controls for lighting, heating and cooling for Health Campus using Insight software.
- Programs interior door access for Health and Pew Campus using CCure.
- Monitors class schedules and events using EMS software
- Process student access requests for Health Campus and keep accurate records.
- Distribute student, faculty, and staff access items.
- Assist with trouble shooting access card issues.
- Distribute and monitor vendor keys signed out.
- Prepares fire impairments and hot works permits for contractor work.
- Assists with training student employees.
- Stocks materials at front desk - pamphlets, brochures, class schedules, catalogs, forms, bus schedule and other public information.
- Performs general clerical duties i.e., typing, filing, copying, ordering supplies, routing mail and receiving deliveries.
- Works on special projects and other clerical duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- Experience with various computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and/or equivalent.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Data entry experience.
- Typing and spelling competency.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Ability to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Some college course work.
- Experience in higher education.
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as a lead worker to other PSS staff members within the department/unit/division.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Salary: C-3 Level. Minimum starting salary of $18.40 per hour.
Campus: Pew Campus, Grand Rapids
Department/Division: Facilities Services Grand Rapids / Business and Finance
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references including at least one supervisor. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: November 27, 2022
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend