Accountant - Accounting Office (Business & Finance)
Job no: 494517
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
This position will process reports, prepare journal entries and maintain accounting records to support the accounting office.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, reconciliations, billings and/or statement prep for the following:
- Charter Schools
- University Club
- Club Sports
- Student Life
- Graduate School
- Alternative Loan Funds
- State Scholarships
- United Way Employee Contributions
- Other Agency Billings/Transfer Requests
- Tracking of accounts receivable and unearned revenue for event services and fieldhouse events
- Deposit and track property rental receipts and other miscellaneous receivables
- Correct program and org code issues
- Provide back-up support to bank desk functions.
- Assist with component unit monthly journal entries
- Assist with tax compliance prep work
- Assist with the monitoring and the reconciliation of prepaid expenses.
- Assist with the reconciliation of various account activity, including payroll liabilities.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by the accounting office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting
- A minimum three years of related experience with accounting duties
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with students, faculty, and staff.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to complete projects on a timely basis and manage multiple priorities
- Attention to detail and reconciliation experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Access
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 DOQ
Department/Division: Business & Finance/Finance and Administration
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply Now”. Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, please call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2022
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend