Annual Giving Manager, Campus Philanthropy
Job no: 494568
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Allendale, Grand Rapids, Works Remotely
Categories: University Development
As a member of the Annual Giving staff, the Annual Giving Manager will provide direction to re-launch philanthropic programming on the GVSU campus and oversee university-wide collaborative initiatives with an emphasis on educating, engaging, cultivating, and soliciting students, faculty/staff, retirees, and parents. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working directly with students, strong communication skills, and project management experience. This position will be responsible for providing direction on communications, events/activities, and annual giving appeals that enhance giving from these campus stakeholders. A significant part of this role will involve volunteer management, serving as an advisor for student organizations looking to fundraise and organizing volunteer support for the annual Faculty/Staff Campaign.
- Develop and execute philanthropic programs, communications, and solicitations for key campus constituencies including students, faculty/staff, retirees, and parents.
- Manage and support fundraising projects for student organizations and other on-campus philanthropic programs through the GVSU crowdfunding site.
- Provide fundraising education and support for student organizations and other on-campus groups.
- Assist in the development of a Student Philanthropy initiative to train students to be ambassadors for the university in both digital and in-person ways.
- Recruit and manage volunteer groups including the Faculty/Staff Campaign cabinet, parent groups, and the Student Philanthropy group.
- Work in collaboration with Senior Director to manage budget expenses for on-campus fundraising programs.
- Collaborate on annual giving appeals via crowdfunding, phone, mail, email, and social media.
- Host meetings and events for both internal and external audiences.
- Some travel, weekend, and evening work may be required.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in student affairs, volunteer management, program management, annual giving, marketing and communications, or fundraising in either a non-profit or higher education setting.
- Must be able to lift, move, and transport boxes weighing 10-20 lbs.
- Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
- Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Communications, Non-Profit Management, Public Administration Education, or Business Administration.
- Strong writing skills and project management experience
- High degree of computer proficiency including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and database tools.
- Experience working directly with students
- Experience leading or organizing teams
- Volunteer management experience
- Familiarity with CRM database software (ex. Blackbaud, Salesforce, Ellucian Advance)
- Experience with digital or annual giving fundraising.
- Experience in higher education
- Experience integrating/applying changing technologies to deliver effective messaging.
- Works well independently, but also works well in a team environment.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000, commensurate with experience
Department/Division: University Development
Location: Hybrid Remote/In Office both Allendale and Grand Rapids (Pew) Campuses
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Initial application review to begin January 30.
How To Apply: Please include a letter that specifically addresses how your skills, education and experience relate to the position announcement and a resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend