IT Services Manager
Job no: 494587
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Information Technology
This position is responsible for the daily operations of a call center, walk-in support, classroom technology support including audio-visual; and desktop hardware/software support. In providing exceptional customer service and in ensuring client facing technologies meet operational defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs), the incumbent collaborates with cross-departmental IT areas. They will work with contractors, service providers; and will supervise several IT staff while also managing the daily activities of GVSU student employees.
- Develops and monitors performance measures; ensures that IT services and support provided to the GVSU community members meet defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) as well as quality assurance standards.
- Organizes, controls, and oversees the Call Center/Service Desk operations; audits tickets and call center records as needed, initiates, and conducts IT Services’ surveys for process improvement and to reach customer excellence.
- Prepares and manages allocated resources, including time and activity management of the assigned students and staff; develops and manages the hardware inventory system and maintenance schedules to ensure proper implementation of equipment life cycle process.
- Develops and provides regular progress reports; analyzes and mitigates risks; assists in the development of standards operating procedures and practices to ensure a stable and effective IT Service support environment.
- Supervises staff and student workers, leading their personal development, coaching, and guiding their activities; and provides hands-on support as needed in the execution of the team’s duties, ensuring ongoing communication and interactions with subordinates.
- Works closely with the other IT Services management counterparts to ensure equitable support of GVSU’s campuses and community; provides backup support for leadership when they are unavailable.
- Establishes professional relationships with stakeholders, end-users, and external clients to support IT projects and service improvement (this includes contractors, vendors, counterparts at other Universities, etc.).
- Oversees major and minor IT Services related projects from conception to completion as they pertain to the applicable campus or remote GVSU locations.
- Keeps informed to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and rules.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A master’s degree or equivalent of a master’s degree; AND two (2) years of work experience in Information Technology Management, IT Helpdesk, IT ServiceDesk or an IT call center of any type.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent of a bachelor’s degree; AND five (5) years of work experience in Information Technology Management, IT Helpdesk, IT ServiceDesk or an IT call center of any type.
- Experience supervising staff and scheduling and assigning work to various IT support teams.
- Experience in monitoring the progress and evaluating the performance of staff.
- Experience working with Windows OS and Macintosh iOS and Information Technology Management System (ITMS).
- Previous supervisory experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
- Experience with audio-visual and classroom technologies.
- Experience with the repair of both Mac and PC hardware.
- Good understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or any IT ticketing systems.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required with ability to serve at both the Allendale, Michigan and Grand Rapids, Michigan campuses, including high mobility at other GVSU locations on temporary duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: IT Services/Information Technology
Campus: Grand Rapids
Application Deadline Date: The review of applications will begin January 26, 2023 and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the university.
How To Apply: Please include a letter that specifically addresses how skills, education and experience relate to the position announcement and a resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend