Adjunct Recruiter, Graduate Programs - Admissions Office
Job no: 494612
Position type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Admissions/Financial Aid
The Adjunct Recruiter, Graduate Programs is responsible for recruiting potential students to the graduate programs at Grand Valley State University. This professional supports a comprehensive recruitment plan with individual programs by developing and managing relationships with individual prospects utilizing appropriate sales, marketing, and client lead techniques; developing corporate/employer relationships; relationships with universities across the country developing alumni relationships; coordinating and leading graduate recruitment events and working with the Graduate School staff and graduate program directors. The Recruiter for Graduate Programs will establish and implement tracking systems to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts and will analyze prospect and admissions data to further inform the process. Flexibility for scheduling early, late, and weekend office hours are required to accommodate programming needs. This is a 12-month entry-level temporary position that has the possibility of being renewed.
- Collaborate with units across campus including the Graduate School, Admissions Office, and academic units to implement graduate program recruiting plans, targeting prospective domestic and international graduate students
- Responsible for meeting graduate application and matriculation metrics
- Conduct ongoing follow up with inquires, applicants and admitted students to increase overall graduate student enrollment
- Develop corporate/employer and alumni relationships to increase graduate enrollment
- Coordinate and lead graduate recruitment events; attend graduate fairs, information sessions, open houses, and other recruitment efforts
- Work with graduate program directors to meet target enrollment goals
- Establish and implement tracking systems to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Recruitment or related work and/or experience
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of recruitment and marketing techniques
- Ability to travel locally, regionally, and sometimes out of state throughout the academic year
- Valid Michigan driver’s license
- Related experience with college or university students from diverse backgrounds preferred
- Networking experience with professional associations and the business community preferred
- Experience developing and managing recruitment events and programs preferred
- Normal office environment
- This role is primarily in-person with occasional remote work opportunity
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Department/Division: Admissions Office
Campus: Grand Rapids
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, please call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the university.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend