Job no: 494621
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Information Technology
This role requires a technical individual who has demonstrated ability to develop and maintain application integrations through both APIs and database queries, has a strong understanding of integration governance and standardization practices, and ability to coordinate directly with business users to understand and analyze business specifications.
- Develop and maintain services used in application integrations.
- Design integration solutions and document the design following best practices.
- Work with development teams to architect, design, build, and implement application integrations, utilizing both API integrations and database queries.
- Coordinate directly with business users and business analysts to best understand and analyze business specifications.
- Audit and monitor API usage and logging.
- Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot and resolve integration errors.
- Participate in the implementation of integration governance and standardization practices.
- Work with the Director of Enterprise Applications to develop integration strategies.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to promote and facilitate collaboration, cooperation, and teamwork among diverse groups and individuals.
- Accurately estimate development effort for assigned tasks; contribute towards multiple projects while meeting expected deadlines.
- Maintain working knowledge of current technologies while exploring and recommending areas of growth for the team.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related fields).
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a programmer or related job.
- Experience utilizing and creating web services and APIs.
- Experience with iPaaS solutions.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, or other database query languages.
- Experience designing, developing, testing and documenting integrations or other software.
- Experience analyzing and supporting users’ needs, recommending and implementing solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
- Experiencing using MuleSoft platform for integrations.
- Experience with Java or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Familiarity with Banner Student Information System.
- Familiarity with Workday ERP system.
- Higher Education experience.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Salary Range: $82,500
Department/Division: Enterprise Applications - Information Technology Division
Campus: Allendale Campus
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews may be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The review process will begin on February 13, 2023 and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, consistent with its obligations as a federal contractor. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the University.
Members of the University community, including students, employees, faculty, staff, administrators, Board members, consultants, vendors, others engaged to do business with the University, candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, as defined by this policy. In accordance with applicable federal and state law and this policy, acts of discrimination or harassment by members of the campus community are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. This includes inappropriate limitation of, access to, or participation in educational, employment, athletic, social, cultural, or other university programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limitations are lawful if they are: directly related to a legitimate university purpose, required by law, or lawfully required by a grant or contract between the university and the state or federal government. For the purposes of this policy, sex-/gender-based harassment includes sexual misconduct, sexual assault, interpersonal or relationship violence, and stalking.
See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend