Assistant or Associate Professor - Marketing
Job no: 494846
Position type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Categories: Seidman College of Business
Position Summary: Grand Valley State University Department of Marketing in the Seidman College of Business invites applications for a faculty position beginning in Fall 2024. The open position is for an Assistant or Associate Professor. Applicants are expected to have earned a Ph.D. or an appropriate terminal degree in Marketing or a closely related field from an AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) or equivalently accredited institution by August 2024 and be interested in teaching in both the undergraduate and graduate programs. Applicants with experience and/or interest in teaching consumer behavior or marketing research are preferred, however, all teaching interests in Marketing will be considered. Salary is competitive. Preference is given to applications received by August 11, 2023. Visit our Web site at: jobs.gvsu.edu for more information, additional requirements, a full description of the position, and details on how to apply. The Seidman College of Business -- fully accredited by AACSB International --, values and supports a blend of excellent teaching and scholarly productivity. The atmosphere at the Seidman College of Business is highly collegial, with opportunities for outstanding professional growth. The Grand Rapids community is a vibrant, exciting area, with significant leisure time activities available. Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Ph.D. or an appropriate terminal degree from an AACSB or equivalent accredited institution earned by August 2024. Current ABD candidates will be considered.
- Demonstrated potential for teaching effectiveness
- Demonstrated potential for research consistent with the mission of the college
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, such as the ability to interact professionally with students, colleagues, and members of the community
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Relevant industry experience
- Excellent candidates in any related field will be considered, but preference will be given to candidates with experience in consumer behavior or marketing research.
- Experience with experiential learning and community-based projects
- The typical teaching load is nine credit hours per semester
- Effective teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels (MBA & EMBA) as well as service to the department, college, university, and community
- Research and scholarship that meets AACSB standards
Compensation: Competitive salary with excellent benefits package (www.gvsu.edu/hro).
- For details about Seidman College of Business visit www.gvsu.edu/seidman
- The Marketing Department has 14 full-time faculty and offers a highly collegial atmosphere with many opportunities for professional growth.
How to Apply:
Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu To be considered, applicants must upload the following (in PDF format) to the online application:
- Cover letter
- Teaching philosophy and research interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial Ph.D. and/or terminal degree transcripts from the granting institution
- Evidence of teaching excellence, if applicable, including teaching evaluations for all courses taught in the last two years with department/school comparisons (and any other evidence of teaching excellence)
- Sample of completed or in-progress research work
On the application, you will be required to provide the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. Questions about this position may be directed to the Search Committee Chair: Dr. Anna Walz (firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-331-7487).
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Please submit by August 11, 2023, to assure full consideration. The position may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, consistent with its obligations as a federal contractor. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the University.
Members of the University community, including students, employees, faculty, staff, administrators, Board members, consultants, vendors, others engaged to do business with the University, candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, as defined by this policy. In accordance with applicable federal and state law and this policy, acts of discrimination or harassment by members of the campus community are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. This includes inappropriate limitation of, access to, or participation in educational, employment, athletic, social, cultural, or other university programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limitations are lawful if they are: directly related to a legitimate university purpose, required by law, or lawfully required by a grant or contract between the university and the state or federal government. For the purposes of this policy, sex-/gender-based harassment includes sexual misconduct, sexual assault, interpersonal or relationship violence, and stalking.
See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend