Affiliate Faculty of Instruction - Special Education Administration and Educational Leadership
Job no: 495059
Position type: FAC - Affiliate Faculty of Instruction - One year/Academic Year
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Categories: College of Education and Community Innovation
Position Title: Affiliate Faculty (full-time, non-tenure track), Special Education Administration and Educational Leadership
Summary: The Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling in the College of Education and Community Innovation (CECI) at Grand Valley State University (GVSU) seeks a colleague for an affiliate faculty appointment in the Special Education Administration and Educational Leadership program to begin in August 2024. We seek candidates from a diverse pool of practitioners with expertise in PK-12 educational leadership and teaching. The affiliate faculty position is a non-tenure track nine-month position in the educational leadership program. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to teaching and recruitment in special education administration and educational leadership, as well as experience working with diverse populations of students.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Applicants must have an advanced degree in Special Education Administration, Educational Leadership, or a closely related field.
- Candidates must have served as a Special Education Administrator or K-12 administrator with a proven record of effective Educational Leadership.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to teach Special Education Administration and Educational Leadership courses and supervise research activities for Master's level students.
- Willingness to travel is required. This position may require travel to distant locations within the state of Michigan for instruction and field supervision, recruitment, and enrollment of students.
- Willingness to teach courses on weekends and at other non-traditional times.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach using multiple modes of instruction, including online, hybrid, web-enhanced, and face-to-face instruction.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Applicants with an Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Special Education, Educational Leadership, or a closely
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Teach graduate courses in the M.Ed. in Special Education Administration and Educational Leadership program.
- Prepare and mentor students to be effective school and special education administrators.
- Work with traditional and non-traditional student populations.
- Assist with the recruitment of prospective graduate students.
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills. Be willing to travel to distant locations as needed within the state of Michigan for instruction and field supervision.
- Teach using multiple modes of instruction - indicated above.
- Attend program, unit, and college faculty meetings.
- Collaborate with program faculty on teaching, recruiting, and retaining program students.
Salary: Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package
Department/Division: Educational Leadership & Counseling/ASA Campus: Pew Campus
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. The online application system will allow candidates to attach the following documents electronically.
Submissions must include:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications;
- Curriculum vitae;
- The names of three references with contact information;
- Copy of transcripts;
- A one-page statement on their “leadership philosophy.” This statement should illustrate your commitment to inclusive leadership practices and demonstrated leadership that emphasizes equity, inclusion, and diversity.
If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215. Additional information about GVSU is available
on our website at www.gvsu.edu.
Application Deadline Date: Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, consistent with its obligations as a federal contractor. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the University.
Members of the University community, including students, employees, faculty, staff, administrators, Board members, consultants, vendors, others engaged to do business with the University, candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, as defined by this policy. In accordance with applicable federal and state law and this policy, acts of discrimination or harassment by members of the campus community are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. This includes inappropriate limitation of, access to, or participation in educational, employment, athletic, social, cultural, or other university programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limitations are lawful if they are: directly related to a legitimate university purpose, required by law, or lawfully required by a grant or contract between the university and the state or federal government. For the purposes of this policy, sex-/gender-based harassment includes sexual misconduct, sexual assault, interpersonal or relationship violence, and stalking.
See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend