Clinical Affiliate Faculty - Medical Dosimetry
Job no: 495070
Position type: FAC - Clinical Affiliate Faculty - One year/12 Month
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Categories: College of Health Professions
Summary: Full-time, 12-Month, Affiliate Faculty Position and Clinical Coordinator in the Medical Dosimetry Program. This position will be located at the Grand Rapids Health Campus. While a majority of this position's responsibilities may be completed remotely, an on-campus presence is required to fulfill some aspects of the position's responsibilities. Costs associated with travel to be on-campus are left to the faculty member. Access to a stable, high-speed internet connection is required. This full-time Affiliate faculty position will work with members of the Medical Dosimetry faculty to advance the education of medical dosimetry students. This position will require online didactic lecture, online laboratory, online research project advising, clinical supervision, and clinical coordination responsibilities. The position will begin for Fall 2024 and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Applicant must hold a Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD) or American Board of Medical Physicists (ABMP) credential.
- Minimum of a master’s degree related to Medical Dosimetry.
- Minimum of three years of full-time clinical experience related to Medical Dosimetry (completed post master’s-degree).
- Minimum of one year experience as an instructor or clinical instructor in a JRCERT-accredited program.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Doctoral degree in a related field (e.g., EdD, PhD).
- Instructor (adjunct or full-time) teaching experience in radiation therapy or medical dosimetry.
- Experience in teaching online courses.
- Experience in research (research design, data collection, analysis, interpretation and publication).
- Experience in curriculum design, evaluation, instruction, academic advising, and experience in Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accreditation process.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Provide instruction for online courses in the Medical Dosimetry program (lectures, labs, clinical oversight, and other educational sessions to students as assigned).
- Prepare and maintain course outlines and objectives, instructing, and evaluating student progress.
- Participate in periodic review and revision of course materials.
- Maintain current knowledge of the professional discipline and educational methodologies through continuing professional development.
- Attend new student orientation on-campus each Fall.
- 36 credit / 12-month workload (30 credits are teaching, 6 credits are clinical coordination)
- Recruit and support clinical sites to deliver the clinical education of medical dosimetry students.
- Correlate and coordinate clinical education with didactic education and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Support the program director to ensure effective program operations.
- Participate in the accreditation and assessment processes. On-campus visits are required for accreditation site visits.
- Maintain current knowledge of program policies, procedures, and student progress.
- Assist in the admission process, including the recruitment, application, screening, and selection of students.
- Visit clinical sites in person as needed (travel expenses reimbursed by the university).
- On-campus visits as requested (including new hire training).
- Engage in interdepartmental activities, which promote the interest of the Program.
- Attend Departmental/Program faculty/staff/committee meetings, as available.
- Attend AAMD Annual Meeting every other year (grants and professional development funding available).
- Scholarly Activity
- Advise student research projects.
Salary: Minimum starting salary of $100,000; commensurate with experience and degree.
Department/Division: The School of Interdisciplinary Health’s Medical Dosimetry Program is within the College of Health Professions.
Campus: Grand Valley State University’s Health Science Campus, Grand Rapids, Michigan; hybrid
How To Apply: Apply online at http://jobs.gvsu.edu/. A complete application should include at a minimum:
- Cover letter that addresses how you meet the qualifications and your motivation to work at GVSU
- A statement describing your teaching philosophy and administrative style.
The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. References will not be contacted without notification to the applicant and only for finalists. Applicants selected for interviews must submit official transcripts before the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. For further assistance, contact Kristen Vu, Search Committee Chair, at 616-331-5753 or at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin on November 20, 2023, and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Allendale, Michigan 49401 - (616) 331-5000
For more information about Grand Valley, see our website at www.gvsu.edu
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State
The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, consistent with its obligations as a federal contractor. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the University.
Members of the University community, including students, employees, faculty, staff, administrators, Board members, consultants, vendors, others engaged to do business with the University, candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, as defined by this policy. In accordance with applicable federal and state law and this policy, acts of discrimination or harassment by members of the campus community are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. This includes inappropriate limitation of, access to, or participation in educational, employment, athletic, social, cultural, or other university programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limitations are lawful if they are: directly related to a legitimate university purpose, required by law, or lawfully required by a grant or contract between the university and the state or federal government. For the purposes of this policy, sex-/gender-based harassment includes sexual misconduct, sexual assault, interpersonal or relationship violence, and stalking.
See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend