GYO Graduate Teacher Certification Field Director (Adjunct)
Job no: 495082
Position type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Categories: College of Education and Community Innovation
This position will support the co-development and implementation of CECI’s Graduate Teacher Certification clinical field experiences within GYO grant funded PK-12 district schools. This position works with the Director of Teacher Education, the Grow Your Own (GYO) Graduate Teacher Certification (GTC) Program Director, and the Teaching and Learning unit of the College of Education and Community Innovation (CECI) to support the co-development and implementation of CECI’s Graduate Teacher Certification clinical field experiences within GYO grant funded PK-12 district schools. This is a 12-month, full-time (40 hours per week), Adjunct AP position that has the potential of renewal for subsequent years.
- Oversee all GYO GTC apprenticeship and internship experiences in collaboration with the leadership.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships between CECI GYO GTC partner districts; including and not limited to correspondence with district GYO GTC directors, local PK-12 administrators, and mentor teachers.
- Collaborate with the CECI Office of Certification and Accreditation and GYO GTC partner district administration and teacher candidate on apprenticeship and internship placement/completion.
- Collaborate with the GYO GTC Program leadership to recruit, hire, train, and supervise GYO GTC Clinical Instructors.
- Deliver teacher apprenticeship and internship orientations to the various GYO GTC district participants.
- Develop apprenticeship and internship seminar content and provide oversight of seminar content delivery. Facilitate apprenticeship and internship professional development sessions with program leadership as needed. Review waiver portfolios for the teacher apprenticeship in collaboration with the GYO GTC Program Director.
- In collaboration with the GYO GTC program leadership, manage GYO GTC Clinical Instructors, teacher candidate, and mentor teacher issues.
- Collaborate with the CECI Office of Certification and Accreditation to offer GYO GTC information sessions, orientations, and information distribution.
- Teach courses or supervise teacher candidates in the field within the GYO GTC program each semester.
- Collaborate with the leadership, teacher education faculty, PK-12 partner districts, and other stakeholders to identify and implement strategies for program development, sustainability, and continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by leadership.
- Master's degree in education or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in related field.
- Possession of license or eligibility for teacher licensure.
- Record of successful teaching experience at the PK-12 level.
- Willingness and ability to teach using multiple modes of instruction including in-person, hybrid, and on-line courses, or deliver courses on weekend or other non-traditional times.
- Willingness and ability to travel for instruction, supervision, and collaboration with stakeholders to all GYO GTC partner districts.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication, organization, and conceptualization.
- Strong skills in cultural competence and collaboration, including an ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders and within large and small teams on various projects.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proficiency with office technology and software desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful PK-12 teaching experience.
- Record of successful project or program management.
- Experience with fieldwork for initial teacher preparation.
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with adult learners.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Some travel and evening/weekend work may be required.
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: $62,000
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Teaching and Learning/College of Education and Community Innovation
CAMPUS: Grand Rapids
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Click "Apply to this Posting.” Include a cover letter, a resume, contact information for three references, and copy of transcripts. The online system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 6, 2023 at 11:55pm
The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, consistent with its obligations as a federal contractor. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the University.
Members of the University community, including students, employees, faculty, staff, administrators, Board members, consultants, vendors, others engaged to do business with the University, candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, as defined by this policy. In accordance with applicable federal and state law and this policy, acts of discrimination or harassment by members of the campus community are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. This includes inappropriate limitation of, access to, or participation in educational, employment, athletic, social, cultural, or other university programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limitations are lawful if they are: directly related to a legitimate university purpose, required by law, or lawfully required by a grant or contract between the university and the state or federal government. For the purposes of this policy, sex-/gender-based harassment includes sexual misconduct, sexual assault, interpersonal or relationship violence, and stalking.
See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend