Banner to Workday Transition Specialist - Technical (Adjunct)
Job no: 495104
Position type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Location: Allendale, Michigan
Categories: Enrollment Development & Educational Outreach
This position will provide student-focused service and guidance regarding financial aid and scholarship programs, educational funding options and the financial application process. This position will lead, coordinate, and oversee efforts for programming, reporting, upgrades, and changes for all systems related to financial aid during the transition from Banner to Workday. This position will begin between January and July 2024 and it is the intention of the department to continue this appointment on a yearly basis through 2027.
- Co-lead efforts for programming, reporting, upgrades, and changes for systems related to financial aid: Banner INB, Banner SSB, CampusLogic, ScholarshipUniverse, EDConnect, UC4, , and others as assigned.
- Co-lead new year setup and other critical financial aid system processes – testing, product releases, merit scholarship renewals, financial aid packaging and awarding, and others as assigned.
- Assist efforts for programming, reporting, upgrades, and changes for the following systems related to financial aid: Argos, OnBase, and others as assigned.
- Assist the communications team within the office, includes updating of all communications material, website(s), and correspondence that are sent to students and families.
- Responsible for ensuring that the office maintains compliance with federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations. This includes having the knowledge of all rules, regulations, and laws governing the federal and state aid programs as well as an understanding of University policies and procedures governing the institutional scholarship and grant programs.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by leadership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience in higher education or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills, attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and ability to think strategically and initiate solutions.
- Experience managing specific programs, projects, or functions within a team.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment.
- Cooperative team player and committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity.
- A high degree of confidentiality, discretion, judgment, collaboration, and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekend hours as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
- Master’s degree.
- Knowledge and experience in using a large database system, administrative software, imaging, and workflow applications, especially as it relates to communication to students and families.
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $60,000; commensurate with experience
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Financial Aid & Scholarships/Enrollment Development and Educational Outreach
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews may be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, consistent with its obligations as a federal contractor. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the University.
Members of the University community, including students, employees, faculty, staff, administrators, Board members, consultants, vendors, others engaged to do business with the University, candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, as defined by this policy. In accordance with applicable federal and state law and this policy, acts of discrimination or harassment by members of the campus community are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. This includes inappropriate limitation of, access to, or participation in educational, employment, athletic, social, cultural, or other university programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limitations are lawful if they are: directly related to a legitimate university purpose, required by law, or lawfully required by a grant or contract between the university and the state or federal government. For the purposes of this policy, sex-/gender-based harassment includes sexual misconduct, sexual assault, interpersonal or relationship violence, and stalking.
See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend