Senior Director of Health Compliance
Job no: 495107
Position type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Categories: College of Health Professions
This position will lead the Health Compliance Office and provide oversight for the administration of critical aspects for clinical placements, including but not limited to health compliance, affiliation agreements, community collaboration and health partnerships, and student support. This position is responsible for budget oversight, supervision, and performance management of health compliance staff.
- Oversee operations associated with the department, including health standards, contractual obligations, and student support.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and mentorship to Health Compliance Office staff.
- Lead Health Compliance Vaccine Exemption Committee.
- Oversee and manage the Health Compliance Office budget.
- Support comprehensive inventory/database of student clinical placements with community partners and affiliated organizations.
- Identify, establish, and maintain relationships with area health providers and the community for the purpose of further development and support of clinical initiatives.
- Collaborate with health compliance team and clinical coordinators to develop a Clinical Affiliation Model to support and recognize preceptors such as the Preceptor Perks Program.
- Develop and implement processes to improve student and faculty health compliance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners to provide health compliance services for faculty, and when appropriate, students.
- Serve as chair of the Clinical Placement Coordinator quarterly meetings.
- Promote professionalism, confidentiality, cooperation, and good working relationships with faculty, students, and clinical practice sites.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field.
- Minimum five to eight (5-8) years progressively responsible clinical administrative experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing and supervising teams.
- Experience in program development and process improvement.
- Experience working with multiple databases and software systems, in addition to being proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master's degree in a health-related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in an educational setting, combined with relevant administrative and clinical experience.
- Experience in public relations, higher education administration, occupational medicine, or quality management.
- Knowledge of contracts or health compliance.
Normal office environment. Some travel and occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SALARY: Minimum starting salary of $92,000;commensurate with experience
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: CHP Health Compliance Office
CAMPUS: Grand Rapids- Health Campus
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews may be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin after 12/6/23 and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the university.
Allendale, Michigan 49401 - (616) 331-5000
For more information about Grand Valley, see our website at www.gvsu.edu
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, consistent with its obligations as a federal contractor. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the University.
Members of the University community, including students, employees, faculty, staff, administrators, Board members, consultants, vendors, others engaged to do business with the University, candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, as defined by this policy. In accordance with applicable federal and state law and this policy, acts of discrimination or harassment by members of the campus community are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. This includes inappropriate limitation of, access to, or participation in educational, employment, athletic, social, cultural, or other university programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limitations are lawful if they are: directly related to a legitimate university purpose, required by law, or lawfully required by a grant or contract between the university and the state or federal government. For the purposes of this policy, sex-/gender-based harassment includes sexual misconduct, sexual assault, interpersonal or relationship violence, and stalking.
See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend