Program Coordinator - MI-SBDC West Michigan Region
Job no: 493157
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Seidman College of Business
Summary: The Michigan Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting, training and research to assist small businesses to launch, grow, innovate, and transition. Headquartered at Grand Valley State University, the SBDC has 11 regional offices and more than 20 satellite offices strategically located across the state providing entrepreneurs and business owners with convenient access to our services. The SBDC is seeking a full time Program Coordinator for the West Michigan Regional Center which covers 13 counties.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Manages client intake and triage process used to determine appropriate services.
- Provides direct business consulting to Michigan start-up and emerging companies.
- Supervises student assistants and/or temporary staff.
- Oversees and conducts training programs for the SBDC West Michigan Region 13-county service area.
- Establish, maintain, and strengthen relationships with SBDC stakeholders and partners.
- Support Business Consultants efforts in building client portfolios and serving those clients efficiently and effectively.
- Work in collaboration with the SBDC Marketing Manager to promote the services and successes of the West Michigan Regional Team.
- Maintain client records in compliance with Small Business Administration (SBA) standards.
- Work with Regional Director to maintain regional budget.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of SBA loan products, other small business financing options and available business support resources, including public, private, and nonprofit programs.
- Support SBDC initiatives through the development of expertise, establishing contacts, and contributing to programs that support the various business communities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard software programs including spreadsheet applications.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and training skills.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to travel to and from various client businesses throughout the 13 counties in West Michigan.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems preferred.
- Experience with various social media platforms preferred.
- Some supervisory experience.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: MI-SBDC/Academic & Student Affairs
Campus: Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus, Seidman Center
Application Deadline Date: Open until filled. The position may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". A cover letter, resume, references, and college transcripts are required. The cover letter and resume are required at the time of application. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official college transcripts prior to the interview. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend