ANEW Grant Project Manager - Kirkhof College of Nursing
Job no: 493169
Work type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Summary: The ANEW Grant Project Manager will be responsible for the management of all activities of a HRSA funded project to strengthen the delivery of and access to integrated mental and primary health care services to rural/underserved community (R/UC) populations in Michigan, through traineeship support of adult-gerontology and pediatric primary care NP students. This individual will work with the Project Director (PD), Project Coordinator (PC) KCON staff, Organizational Project Managers (OPM), preceptors, faculty, and the students to accomplish goals, objectives, tasks, and activities for the grant as assigned in order to facilitate the successful implementation of this project.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree
- Strong computer skills; ability to learn new computer programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a team on project development is critical
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lead and work independently
- Registered nurse
- Prior experience educating and mentoring students
- Project Management experience
- Experience working with rural and/or underserved populations
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Represents GVSU, KCON, and the PD through effective communication and interactions with OPMs, PC, preceptors, patients, other faculty/staff and students, and the public regarding grant activities.
- Coordination and monitoring of grant activities
- Develop procedures, policies, and manuals that support implementation of this project, in consultation with the PD.
- Meet with OPMs, KCON staff, and PD to develop and implement a recruitment plan for attracting trainees.
- Meet with OPMs, KCON staff, and PD to develop and implement a recruitment plan for attracting preceptors.
- Meet with OPMs, preceptors, site staff, faculty, and PD to identify opportunities for student scholarly projects.
- Oversee and assist with data collection and storage to ensure outcomes identified in ANEW application are monitored; complete required ANEW reports as required.
- Monitors project budget to include running budget reports, tracking expenditures, scheduling monthly budget meetings.
- Monitor grant activities per timeline and performs other related tasks as requested.
- The PM will oversee the development of preceptor training modules, pulling together expert faculty and practitioners for design and testing; then implement with all preceptors, faculty, and students each year to assure that care of those in rural and underserved areas are understood and met using evidence-based practice.
- Develop project management manuals and quality assurance forms and protocols.
- The PM will assist in all high-level project tasks as delegated by the PD.
- Supervision and monitoring of site preceptors, students and project staff.
- Develop/implement recruiting plan, including building relationships with site staff.
Responsibilities – Non-Essential Functions:
- Independent judgement and functioning with accountability for own actions, accuracy of work, and supervision of actions and accuracy of work of others.
- Effective communication and coordination between the PD, KCON Marketing and Recruiter, PC, OPMs, preceptors, and other faculty/staff.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Campus: Grand Rapids, Center for Health Sciences
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend