HR Employment Coordinator (Confidential) - Human Resources
Job no: 493306
Work type: PSS - Confidential Professional Support Staff
Categories: Human Resources
Provide administrative and clerical support to the Employment Team, under the supervision of the Employment Specialist. The Employment Coordinator assists with the search process, background checks, processing of hiring temporary employees and other related activities. This is a Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm position.
- Assist throughout the full-cycle hiring process.
- Post positions using various sources, which may include social media.
- Monitor the applicant tracking system, which includes training and assisting search committees and support staff.
- Review pool(s) of qualified candidates during the interview and offer process and determine if interviewees meet qualifications.
- Complete all background checks for employees and volunteers.
- Assist and guide internal and external contacts with various hiring forms and processes.
- Update employment forms on the Human Resources website.
- Assist with and maintain the temporary pool and assignments throughout the University.
- Troubleshoot applicant tracking system problems.
- Create and update training materials for applicant tracking system.
- Maintain filing and/or database and record keeping systems on paper and/or computer, as needed.
- Prepare reports, which may require compiling and computing statistical data.
- Assist with employment verifications for faculty and staff.
- Be available during business hours to assist with employment concerns including emails, phone calls and walk-ins.
- Assist with projects as assigned by the Employment Specialist.
- Provide backup to Employment Specialist.
- Assist with supervision of student employees on the employment team.
- Assist other areas of the Human Resources department, as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience as defined in the essential functions.
- Experience with full-cycle recruiting and hiring process.
- Experience with an applicant tracking system (ATS) or similar program.
- Experience with HRIS or databases, including data entry.
- Experience with various computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and/or equivalent.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Typing and spelling competency with grammar and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Talent acquisition or recruitment experience.
- Higher education experience.
- Knowledge of employment related rules, regulations, and laws.
- Banner or HRIS experience.
- PageUp applicant tracking system experience.
- Content management system (CMS) experience.
- Creation of training materials.
Expectations of Professional Behaviors:
- Maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Be flexible, open and receptive to new ideas and approaches.
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
May be responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Salary: Minimum starting salary of $17.47
Application Deadline: January 21, 2020
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend