Adjunct Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Kirkhof College of Nursing)
Job no: 493421
Work type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Summary: The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) provides care to patients of the GVSU Family Health Center (FHC). This position is part of a $1.5 million, 3-year grant funded through HRSA. Through this grant, an integrated behavioral health care team will integrate into the existing, multi-disciplinary care team of nurse-led primary health providers to deliver care to the underserved, vulnerable populations targeted by this proposal.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Certified as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Minimum one-year outpatient experience
- Experience working with underserved / vulnerable populations
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams and/or in integrated care (to include nursing, medicine, social work, and community health worker)
- Experience with delivering care via telehealth platform
- Experience working in a primary care setting
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Provides innovative leadership in the development of the proposed care delivery model, and contributes to the achievement of proposed grant outcomes.
- Provides patient psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis and treatment plans in accordance with statutes, regulations and protocols regulating the profession and in collaboration with overseeing psychiatrist.
- Collaborates with nurse practitioners and nursing staff as well as outside local counselors and medical professionals.
- Provides psychiatric health services, education, counseling and emotional support to patients of the FHC.
- Refers patients for a higher level of psychiatric care as indicated (partial, urgent care, rehab, etc.).
- Prescribes psychiatric medication prescriptions in accordance with treatment guidelines.
- Orders laboratory tests, interprets and updates treatment plan as indicated in partnership with patient.
- Provides patient education regarding medications, risks, benefits and reasonable outcome expectations.
- Communicates with patients and engages in psychiatric care as necessary.
- Precepts students as requested, as part of the GVSU community.
- Maintains professional knowledge through critical reviews of evidenced based best practices, professional seminars, workshops, webinars, conferences, and journal articles.
- Applies learning from professional development to the academic and clinical practice settings. Demonstrates adherence to the GVSU Collegiality Policy.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
Salary: As outlined in HRSA NEPQR-BHI Grant (please note that if range is listed, we can only offer in that particular salary range)
Department/Division: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Campus: Grand Rapids, GVSU Family Health Center
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to Theresa Rowland, Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend