Internal Posting: Benefits Coordinator - Human Resources
Job no: 493522
Work type: PSS - Confidential Professional Support Staff
Categories: Human Resources
Summary: Provide administrative and clerical support to the Human Resources Office, performing office functions, which substantially contribute to the objectives and mission of the department.
Front line customer service to…
- Process various benefit functions
- Generate/compile various data requests and reports
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and direct individuals to sources of additional information. This includes fielding and answering various questions (e-mail, phone, in-person) in regards to human resources new hire information/payroll and benefits.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating files and record-keeping system
- Web page maintenance
- Provide clerical support as needed
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with an HRIS or databases and data entry.
- Experience with various computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and/or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Typing and spelling competency with grammar and proofreading skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work, and coordinate work activities of others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
Ability to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Knowledge of employee benefits plans
- Banner (HRIS) experience
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor but is generally expected to work independently
Hire, train, supervise, schedule, and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other PSS staff members within the department/unit/division
Department: Human Resources
Salary: C3 level. Minimum starting wage $17.47
How to apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: January 20, 2021
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to Theresa Rowland, Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend