Living Center Director - Housing and Residence Life
Job no: 493602
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Student Services
Summary: Supervision and management of residential area housing consisting of 500-700 co-ed residents with multiple Resident Assistants and Graduate Assistant staff.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required and experience working with students in a college setting.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s in Student Affairs preferred and one year experience working in a university residential setting. Prefer experience in supervision, budget oversight, leadership of an assigned living area, supporting students academically, planning and implementing programs for students, working with facilities management and strong computer skills.
Responsibilities Essential Functions:
- Supervision and management of residential area housing consisting of 500-700 co-ed residents with multiple Resident Assistants and Graduate Assistant staff.
- Position includes: Advising, Academic Support, Budgeting, Counseling, Discipline, Educational Programming, Administrative duties and Facilities Management.
- This position will include on-call duty responsibility, collaboration with Campus Partners and Department Committee participation.
- We seek individuals who demonstrate critical thinking skills, have an interest in engaging and educating students and are able to balance personal and work life. Below you will find the Office of Housing and Residence Life’s Mission, Vision and Values at Grand Valley State University.
Mission: “Collaborating to provide opportunities for student learning and success through inclusive residential communities and experiences.”
Vision: Model and provide a safe and inclusive learning environment that challenges and supports students through opportunities for engagement and development.
Values: The Office of Housing and Residential Life values the education and success of students and staff, through the following:
- Liberal education through student development in critical thinking, self -awareness and active citizenship
- Intercultural competency by providing inclusive and supportive environments where diverse voices and experiences are celebrated and personal growth is encouraged
- Triple bottom line Sustainability, including 1) economic (fiscal responsibility) 2) environmental (physical surroundings) and 3) social equity (employee hiring and development)
Salary: Competitive annual salary, furnished apartment, meal plan and full university benefits.
Department/Division: Division of Student Services/Housing and Residence Life
How to Apply:Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend