Systems Engineer - Enterprise Architecture (Information Technology) - Position 2
Job no: 493925
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Information Technology
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum one-year professional experience demonstrating the following:
- Ability to interpret complex technical publications, diagrams, and project specifications.
- Ability to gather and refine requirements to thoroughly understand requests, then document proposed scope of work to implement solution meeting business need.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and end-users possessing varying technical skillsets.
- Knowledge of modern IT infrastructure and computing environments including on-prem, hybrid, and cloud-based technologies for servers, storage, and networking.
- Technical expertise, including proficiency in Microsoft & Linux operating systems in both virtual and physical computing environments.
- Thorough familiarity and utilization of Windows PowerShell or other scripting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems in both virtual and physical computing environments.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc. Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve network traffic and communication issues utilizing packet sniffers, log parsers, or other utilities.
- Advanced degree or technical certification in relevant area of expertise. (preferred)
- Experience working in or supporting technology for higher education settings. (preferred)
- 3 or more years professional experience with the following: (preferred)
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Management Platforms.
- Knowledge of system security.
- Experience with SSL/TLS.
- Experience implementing and supporting High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Familiarity of supporting applications hosted on public cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Office365 Administration.
- Experience supporting, managing, and maintaining Microsoft Windows print server infrastructure.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Regularly collaborate with team members, vendors and suppliers in support of enterprise-class infrastructure applications and platforms from various product portfolios.
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing enterprise systems to ensure minimum disruption to university operations and community members.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot operating systems, application software, applicable patches, hardware systems (e.g. server, storage, vendor appliances, etc.), and system management tools.
- Ensure designated platforms and solutions are following internal standards and adhere to internal policies and procedures for management of security systems and redundant data backups.
- Provide advanced support for requests escalated from IT services and other team members, taking ownership to thoroughly identify, document, and resolve issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert in multiple technologies, maintaining in-depth technical and functional awareness and competency in assigned areas.
- Prepare operational and technical documentation for multiple audiences.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and emerging technologies to recommend growth opportunities for the team and to apply new skills to day-to-day work.
- Must be able to work with limited to moderate direct supervision.
- Provide support outside standard schedule and on an on-call basis to ensure service level expectations are met.
- Perform other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Enterprise Architecture / Information Technology
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin January 10, 2022 after which the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine requirement that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend