Temporary Office Support-TRIO Programs
Job no: 494694
Position type: TEMP - Temporary Hourly
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: TRIO Programs
The Office Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and the quality of the administrative work for a department. This person coordinates a variety of duties in which discretion and judgment concerning the procedures to use or policies to follow is required. This position requires discretion and a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Candidates should have strong communication including accuracy and robust communication skills. The candidate must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Compile and logically format statistical data, spreadsheets, and reports to facilitate department decision-making related to department budget and scheduling.
- Provide support with bulk mailings, answering phones, maintaining filing and recordkeeping systems.
- Coordinate scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and planning for major meetings, events, conferences, exhibits, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships
- Successfully operate office equipment
- Successfully provide quality customer service
- Successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records
- Successfully use various computer software applications
- Successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Generates reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using computer systems.
- Maintain database systems.
- Performs and coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and planning for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with various computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and/or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Data entry experience.
- Typing and spelling competency with grammar and proofreading skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Ability to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
Salary: $18/hr, 29 hours week
Physical Demands: keyboard usage, prolonged sitting
Campus: Grand Rapids
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Job Category: Clerical
Job Type: Part-Time
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, consistent with its obligations as a federal contractor. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the University.
Members of the University community, including students, employees, faculty, staff, administrators, Board members, consultants, vendors, others engaged to do business with the University, candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, as defined by this policy. In accordance with applicable federal and state law and this policy, acts of discrimination or harassment by members of the campus community are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. This includes inappropriate limitation of, access to, or participation in educational, employment, athletic, social, cultural, or other university programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limitations are lawful if they are: directly related to a legitimate university purpose, required by law, or lawfully required by a grant or contract between the university and the state or federal government. For the purposes of this policy, sex-/gender-based harassment includes sexual misconduct, sexual assault, interpersonal or relationship violence, and stalking.
See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend